8303 N Lake Blvd, Kings Beach, CA 96143, USA
2.1

AC would not keep home under 75 (we live in AZ) Wedding Open House this weekend. We paid our $125 service call and Sweet Cooling & Heating was in the area and came over.

We were then charged $720 for 12 pounds of Freon. Two hours later when I got home temp was 85 and condenser was not running (worked before service). Called Sweet Cooling & Heating (mailbox full). Requested a different Vendor from American Home Shield - denied.

Disappointed in service. Disappointed that Freon cost is not shard prior to paying service call. Very disappointed that after $845 I am worse off then before. I have a home that I can't stay in.

I am stuck with a vendor that I don't feel good about. I would not recommend the 3x3 plan.

Please review your plan in detail before purchasing. Compare your plans prior to purchasing.

I was told by vendor I could cancel and collect a refund. with 72 days left not a great idea.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Air Conditioner Warranty.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

American Home Shield Cons: Vender made our system worse, Freon prices should be disclosed prior to paying for service.

• Hvac Contractor

Comments

YES, LET'S HAVE A LAWSUIT, FREON PRICE SHOULD BE DISCLOSED PRIOR TO PURCHASE, THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER, PLEASE HELP US SET UP A CLASS SUIT REGARDING THE FREON AND AC - WILL PAY UP TO $1500 FOR AC AND UP TO $3000 FOR APPLIANCE WHICH IS NOT DISCLOSED TO YOU PRIOR TO PURCHASE - SOMEBODY NEED TO SUE THIS COMPANY - HELP US WITH A CLASS ACTION SUIT

A system 12 lbs low on refrigerant needs major repair. AHS only pays $10 per pound, leaving the homeowner with a substantial out of pocket expense.

For people reading this who haven’t already made the mistake of buying 12 lbs of refrigerant during a home warranty repair, the smarter choice would be to call your own repairman and not use a Home warranty. Now, since you’ve spent that amount, you will remain in the care of AHS and the same contractor until this gets resolved or doesn’t.

You won’t be able to transfer to another provider because the original company has to come back for free as a recall. The ac company will now have little incentive to get your problem resolved since it’s a recall.

American Home Shield Reviews