This was my first experience with a 24/7 emergency service with American Home Shield. I called around 9am to report my gas furnace was not working.

I received a prompt phone call back from the repair company, however they stated that they would not be able to come out until Monday morning (today is Friday). I explained to the tech that my husband (65) was sick and that the furnace hadn't run all night so it was already cold. He was very nice and felt bad, but explained that because it had not been put in as a priority, that Monday was the day. He recommended that I call AHS and see if I could get it changed, I did they said no.

Evidently not having heat is not an emergency, even if your sick.......I guess I missed it in the fine print, my bad. Maybe the microwave is more important.

After canceling my appointment with AHS for ( 3 days from now ), the first company I called (who I have never used) will be here shortly.

SHAME ON YOU AMERICAN SHIELD! AND GOODBYE, WILL NOT RENEW

Product or Service Mentioned: Furnace Repair.

American Home Shield Cons: Dont like.

Comments

You are a lucky one. I have been without heat since the end of October 2017.

It is February 27,2018 STILL no heat.

2 companies they sent out both messed things up so badly. AHS took their sweet time with everything.

Update to earlier posted review, WE HAVE HEAT, only 2 hours after contacting our own repair company! Not 3 days, and folks wait for it , wait for it, our repair bill was only $116.00 including parts and labor.