Deleon Springs, Florida
2.2
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I own the best Trane Air handler unit with electronic filtration system. I noticed water running down from the air handler, so I applied shop vacuum to the PVC drain pipe to unclog the pipes of the sludge that drains onto the drain pan but it didn't fix the problem. I called American Home Shield and they sent AAA All Brand Technician looked at it, brought out a Level and said I quote: The Whole Air handler platform will have to be replaced because the unit is slightly tilted preventing drainage and by replacing the platform box will fix the problem and gave American Home Shield a verbal quote of $1,700 + But they declined to go forward stating it's not covered so I decline because I was very sceptical about the diagnostic and I requested a 2nd companies diagnostic. The 2nd company Air Doctors came out and unscrewed and removed the Metal covers and placed a chemical tablet in drain pan and re-installed the covers and said these tablets will help the problem and he said the problem won't go away unless you replace the off balance platform box.

Several days later the leak became worse, American Home Shield sent out Air Doctor again and did nothing to correct or fix the leak. I gave American Home Shield 3 attempts to correct the problem.

So I called DELAIR WHO INSTALLED THE UNIT WHEN I BUILT THE HOUSE.

DEL-AIR arrived a few hours after Air Doctors left and I explain the the issue. Del-Air's Technician removed the same covers and saw the the cause of the problem and said I can fix the problem and quoted me $80 to correct the problem and perform maintenance Cleaning plus the service call of $79 for a total of $160 and I gave permission to to perform what's needed to correct the problem and an hour later the leak stopped and he showed me the sludge and mold trapped between the drain pan and the PVC drain pipes. But they declined to go forward stating it's not covered so I decline because I was very sceptical about the diagnostic and I requested a 2nd companies diagnostic. The 2nd Air Doctors unscrewed and removed the Metal covers and placed a chemical tablet re-install the covers and said these tablets will help the problem and he said the problem won't go away unless you replace the off balance platform box.

Several days later the leak became worse, American Home Shield sent out Air Doctor again and did nothing to correct or fix the leak. I gave American Home Shield 3 attempts to correct the problem so I DEL-AIR WHO INSTALL THE UNIT WHEN I BUILT THE HOUSE.

DEL-AIR arrived a few hours after Air Doctors left and I explain the the issue. Del-Air's Technician removed the same covers and saw the the cause of the problem and said I can fix the problem and quoted me $80 to correct the problem and perform maintenance plus the service call of $79 for a total of $160 and I gave permission to to perform what's needed to correct the problem and an hour later the leak was stopped and he showed me the sludge and mold that was trapped Directly below Coil drain pan.

I requested American Home Shield to reimburse me the $75 copay and $160 I paid DEL-AIR who wisely corrected the problem by applying a small suction tube directly into the clogged drainage pan. American Home Shield declined my request because since I declined to have the platform box reconstruced, said that the unit will no longer be covered under the plan and also for that reason they declined my request and rudely hung-up.

I called my insurance to witness the water damage created by the leak and they did offer to pay for the building of a new Platform box and the return duct system minus my deductible reconstruction.

The water damage could have been Prevented if AAA All Brands and Air Doctors would have known how to performed the proper inspection to locate the clogged area and removed the sludge & mold. From August 13th till August 25th the day Del-Air fixed the problem. 12 days of of water creating damage. (as of todays date NO LEAKS for 9 days since Del-Air did a simple fix)

Between AAA All Brand Technician Lack of Experience and Air Doctor's Malpractice. AAA All Brand Technician's was out on4/29/16 to replace a starter on the Trane Air outside unit and on receipt it stated checked and verified operations and unit working perfectly, they never inspected the drain pan then that needed a maintenance performed , if they would have inspected and recommeded us to performane the maintenace we would have gladly paid for it at that time and prevented this costly disaster.

Product or Service Mentioned: Air Conditioner Repair.

Reason of review: technicians refused to perform basis maintenance to correct problem.

Preferred solution: refund of out of pocket expenses , clear decline of work off my contract account, and replace air return duct unit under air handler platform box damaged by excessive water from clogged drain pan causing damage to box by excessive water weight.

American Home Shield Cons: Are robic, Insensitive toward 100 percent combat disabled veteran, Would not listen to actual complaint, Would not take responsibilty for sending poor quality techs.

• home warranty companies