1.6

After calling in for our pool filter housing cracking and having to turn the pump off 8/31...

AHS sent a Company out on 9/2. The Tech evaluated and stated to AHS that the base had cracked and gave them a price/estimate to repair.

I received word from AHS that they wanted a second opinion on the cost of the stated work needing done.

Received an email stating that the 2nd company would send someone out on the 5th.

Received a text from that company the morning of the 5th. Arrived home around 6:30 pm to find my filter housing apart, no word as too the status of repair. The first Tech reassembled the housing.

Called AHS main line and was told of a half hr wait by the recording.

Decided to go online to check status there. Could only see a note that stated “Status : Appointment set” / “Still not fixed”.

All the while my pool is turning green and I am now going to have to spend a couple hundred $ in chemical to get it back to were it was.

Called the 800 # on the website and the recording stated 1 hr wait time.

I want to think that AHS is a good investment, but am having a hard time with the time frame of when they choose to fix my equipment.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

American Home Shield Cons: Not being problem solvers, Having to wait while my pool turned green.

• Lack of performance
  • No Customer Support

Comments

The AHS pool guys are paid less than half as much as if they were working for actual customers. They probably have a few actual clients that are a higher priority, in addition to a long list of warranty company customers that just have to wait. Money talks, bs walks.

American Home Shield Reviews