American Home Shield - refused warranty service
we are under contract with ahs company since 2001. we were new to this country.
in dec 2003 on our request ahs sent out an a.c. technician who changed the thermostat
but installed it wrongly. it would trigger both the heating system and air-condition
at the same time, resulting in a gas bill in excess of twelve hundred dollars.
one time ahs refused warranty claim for a dish washer. the technician told me
it is warranty claim but ahs refused the claim. on our repeated request ahs sent
another service provider. the new service provider found the problem to be
under warranty and completed the repair. we paid ahs twice the service fee.
ahs refused to repair the hot water system and we had to take care of it
on august 14-2012, on our request ahs sent a-1 affordable air technician for
repair of ac system. he says the problem is not covered under warranty, and the
thermostat is out dated and obsolete, but ahs do not approve upgrades.
technician says no warranty coverage. i agreed to pay for parts and labor.
a-i affordable air technician set an appointment for 8-18-2012 but he never
came even after several reminders to ahs and a-1 affordable air. i asked for
help from ahs they said sorry they cannot help. we asked for a second opinion
and agreed to pay the second service fee. ahs didn't agree, they said they
don't have such policy.
garbage disposal was leaking. technician approves repair under warranty but
recommended to use an upgrade as the existing garbage disposal was worthless.
the cost of upgrade parts and labor is 350 dollars. ahs offers cash out of 51
the customer service rep mr. bill was extremely rude over the phone. ahs policy
is to record all complaint.
i was put on hold by the service complaint department on hold for over 30
minutes twice on 8/20 and once for over an hour on 8/21. We finally got hold of
them this morning but ahs refused to help us with a second opinion.d4283b8 review #340961
You may also like
- "The local Farmers Insurance Company here in Pueblo, Colorado has sought public domain information and then photographed residences in order to put together a sales pitch to "connect on a..."
- "The Pulte home I purchased has serious water problems. Whenever it rains (or snows), the sump pump works continuously to pump water out of my basement. The volume..."
- "AHS rejected our repair request because according to them it is not a covered malfunction, then the next day we get another letter rejecting the same repair request for a..."
- "I ordered a Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Cuckoo Clock, it arrived with the figure Clarice broken off. I requested a return and exchange to be shipped. They..."
- "Beware of false advertisement. Advertises a clearance price of $34.99 for a shoe that sells for $54.99. Put in the size and color selection and went to check..."
- "Santa Sweeps sweepstakes. Ill attatch two screenshots. One will say complete registration to get moco gold. The second will say by registering i triggered such n such. By registering says..."
- "We moved in 11 April 2014. LOVED our house although there were several things that were mentioned at our punch list that were flat out ignored (still, to this day..."
- "Killeen Maaco had my brand new car for 5 days to do a stripe paint job for $750. They returned car on Friday afternoon around 5pm, and upon entry to..."
- "I installed a set of four Pulstar plugs on my Saturn VUE. After a few months of improved gas mileage my vehicle began having momentary bouts of lost power. After..."